TOP FIVE REASONS TO UPGRADE YOUR BANDSAW
The benefits of upgrading an old bandsaw machine are numerous, considering the advances in the design and functions of modern bandsaw machines. We highlight the top five advantages of newer models in our latest guide to buying the right bandsaw.
The benefits of upgrading an old bandsaw machine are numerous, considering the advances in the design and functions of modern bandsaw machines. We highlight the top five benefits of upgrading in our latest guide to buying the right bandsaw for your needs.
1. Higher Bed Height: most horizontal bandsaws have a higher bed height so you don’t stoop to operate them - much better for the health of the machine operator as this reduces the likelihood of a back injury.
2. Swivel bows: many newer machines have swivel bows for mitering as standard, while some of the more premium models include both a left and right mitre facility. If you don’t do much mitering and the material is not too big, you can even flip your material upside down to do the opposite mitre on one way machines.
3. Blade Speeds: most newer bandsaws include variable blade speeds, unlike many older bandsaws which only have two - the lower to cut stainless steel and tool steels, the higher to cut mild steel, aluminium and soft alloys. This means modern bandsaws can cut more materials more easily, often via a frequency inverter. This enables you to finely tune the speed of your sawing to give you the best cut and economic blade life on all materials. It is still important to select the correct blade and cutting speed as it can be a costly experience otherwise! For example, the speed to cut mild steel should be 70 to 80 mpm and the speed for stainless steel should be between 28 and 40 mpm.
4. Micro Blade Lubrication: increasingly, micro blade lubrication systems are being used by those who don’t want coolant on the floor. These systems can be retrofitted at anytime.
5. Automation: newer machines offer brilliant and advanced automation solutions, meaning you can programme them to batch saw easily and efficiently, and even leave machines running overnight, massively increasing productivity and saving costs over time even if the upfront outlay is greater. To get an idea of how advanced some of these new machines are view our range of automatic and CNC bandsaws.
We provide financing options for our horizontal bandsaws and vertical bandsaws - so upgrading today should be easy on the budget as well, while saving money with improved producitivty and lower material wastage.
There are so many machines to suit different budgets and materials, so the best option is to pick up the phone and get advice from an expert. Our friendly team can be reached on 01892 663 398.
Share this post: